Lindsey Mackereth, MA, LPCC, LADC
Therapist · Coach · Speaker · Owner • HUMAN at Method | She/Her
Hi. I'm Lindsey Mackereth, owner | therapist | coach at Method Counseling, and I am honored that you are taking the time to learn more about who I am + what the heck I do. With 10 years of experience in the field of mental health care, my primary goal as a creative-minded counselor + coach is to use collaboration, conversation and connection to cultivate meaningful change in areas of career, creativity and relationship with self + others.
I am a dually licensed mental health clinician in the state of Minnesota and my experience includes providing counseling + coaching for adolescents and adults in a variety of settings including outpatient, intensive outpatient and residential treatment centers. I also have experience teaching psychology and counseling courses at a local university, am a board-certified clinical supervisor in the state of Minnesota and currently serve on the Minnesota Counseling Association Board of Directors as the Marketing Chair. I am also a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider and certified in Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) for trauma, PTSD, depression, addiction and other mental health issues.
I embrace creativity in my clinical work due to my own creative inclinations as an art maker and absorber. I obtained a BFA in studio art, with a focus on video art, and completed a holography internship in NYC under holographer Dr. Laser. I also worked in the field of post-production for advertising prior to pursuing a career as a therapist. As someone who values art + creativity and has worked in the creative industry, I understand the dichotomy of the creative process as self-care as well as a source of stress.
Think we might be a good fit? I'd love to connect.
- Master's of Arts in Counseling and Psychological Services, St Mary's University of Minnesota
- Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art, Minor in Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Professional Certifications + Memberships:
- Board of Directors, Marketing Chair + Professional Member- MN Counseling Association
- Certified in Accelerated Resolution Therapy- ART International
- Professional Member- MN Women in Psychology
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider (CMHIMP)- Mental Health Integrative Medicine Institute
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)- MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)- MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy
- Board-Approved Supervisor for LPC + LPCC Applicants- MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy